Mary is a Retail & Consumer Behaviour Subject Matter Expert (SME) at IBM, helping all kinds of businesses to grow by asking awkward questions such as:
- What is your brand’s purpose?
- Who does your business serve?
- How do you do that?
- Why are you distinct from your competition?
- How do you get a customer to say ‘yes’, and then do it again?
Mary’s work centres on the convergence of retail strategy, technology, emerging consumer behaviour and societal changes. She understands the retail business end to end value chain, and also the disruptive trends affecting all parts of that whole business and consumer ecosystem. As an IBM UK & Europe metaverse leader, Mary is helping a range of businesses to create the right metaverse & Web 3.0 journey for them, which is human-centred and value-driven.
Mary believes that the innovative and meaningful use of technology can:
• Bring people together – in places where they live, work and play; in communities of shared passions; at times and events that matter to them
• Be the persistent layer that stays with us across home, work, travel, outside the home, connecting our lives.
• Create capability that augments & compliments physical and digital - allowing brands, services and products to find us when we need them and bring genuine value to our lives.
High Streets & The Metaverse -article for ‘The Retailer’ Magazine 2023, British Retail Consortium
‘Beyond The Hype: Five Ways Retailers and Brands Can Drive Value In the Metaverse’ – IBM Institute for Business Value
‘Consumers Want It All’: 2022 consumer study, IBM Institute for Business Value
‘Digital High Street’ – Tech London Advocates
10-Sep-2023RETAILFESTRETAIL EXPERT - THE METAVERSE : TAKING YOUR BRAND EXPERIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL