ROYAL CROWN DERBY CELEBRATES INDUSTRY FIRST WITH ART GLAZE
Extending the technicalities of producing fine bone china, the new Art Glaze collection will showcase the globally renowned brand’s innovation and design techniques, through the use of a reactive glaze application unseen before on such a pure, translucent material.
The Art Glaze range is created using a hand applied sprayed art glaze finish. The individual application of the reactive glaze to each piece produces a completely unique result, without method or conscious decision during the firing and glaze process.
The stunning and contemporary new collection has been created to meet consumers’ aspirations for the very best luxury casual tableware, which is attainable and functional, as well as being high quality and highly desirable.
The Art Glaze collection is offered on a contemporary coupe shape in four striking colourways, Flamed Caramel, Pressed Mulberry, Candied Sky and Clouded Smoke.
The range includes Royal Crown Derby’s newest tableware shape – the ‘urban’ shaped (34cl/12oz) mug and a set of cups and saucers, available in three sizes for espresso (8.5cl/3oz) tea cup (23cl/8oz) and breakfast cup (34cl/12oz), as well as two new size coupe bowls (11.5cm and 13cm).
Royal Crown Derby’s Sales & Marketing Director, Steve Rowley, said: “The Art Glaze collection is not only an incredible technical accomplishment, with this being the first time that a reactive glaze has been successfully applied to fine bone china, it also opens the door to a whole new market for Royal Crown Derby.
“The affordable price of the pieces in the collection allow the opportunity for even more discerning customers to own a useable piece of heritage in the home, which has the strength to withstand everyday use.
“The collection has already been launched into the hospitality market to great acclaim, so we are looking forward to the reaction of the UK retail market.”
Prices range from £12 - £75. For further information contact Royal Crown Derby Retail sales on +44 (0)1332 268 901 or email all enquiries to email@example.com
Notes to the Editors:
Prices are RRP
- Royal Crown Derby is a world-leading manufacturer of exquisite fine bone china tableware and giftware
- Royal Crown Derby supplies the world’s finest retailers, luxury hotels and restaurants and global royalty in 50 countries.
- All fine bone china products are 100% made in England, using techniques largely unchanged since the businesses establishment in 1750.
- Over 130 people are employed at its historic ‘Osmaston Works’ factory in Derby, England.
- Established in 1750, the company became known as “Crown Derby” by King George III in 1775. In 1890, Queen Victoria bestowed the title "Royal" creating the company name of “Royal Crown Derby.”
- Only the finest materials are used including 22ct gold and platinum applied to The Royal Crown Derby basic formula of bone ash, china stone and china clay, which remains a formula for high quality bone china. The intrinsic strength of the body means that it is possible to achieve delicate profiles without sacrificing resistance to breakage, unlike other translucent bodies. We specialise in customised decoration, which ranges from simple monogramming to completely unique dinner services. We are experts in this field as we perform every element of the production process from modelling, design, making and decorating. We also have a print shop, which allows us to produce bespoke, cost effective decals quickly.